Salary: $59,344 to $73,073 Dependent on experience & qualifications
Position Type: Full time term to March 31, 2018
Closing Date: Monday, May 1, 2017
Kwanlin Dün First Nation, Education Department is looking for an Employment Support Facilitator. Reporting to the Manager of Education the successful candidate is responsible for assisting clients experiencing barriers to employment gain the credentials, tools and qualifications necessary to secure and maintain employment.
The incumbent will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, have good understanding of Yukon employers and service providers and have an understanding of developmental strategies, understand the barriers to employment and the effects of trauma, residential school and on-going intergenerational effects.
• High school graduation (or equivalent) with industry-related education or training and experience;
• Successful experience working with individuals with barriers to employment;
• Experience facilitating employment and life skills related training with individuals and small groups;
• Experience with case management;
• Working knowledge and experience interpreting Employment Law, Canada and Yukon Human Rights Legislation, Yukon and Federal Employment Standards and the Canada Labour Code;
• Experience working with First Nations in a community and educational development context is an asset.
Note: An equivalent combination of formal education and considerable experience in the above areas will be considered.
Knowledge of KDFN history, culture, goals and aspirations is required for success in this position.
Conditions of Employment: Class 5 driver’s license (class 4 is desirable); acceptable criminal record and vulnerable sector search prior to employment commencing.
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a response within two (2) business days stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this response, please contact the KDFN HR Department.
The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy will apply.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: Temporary Assignments from other governments and organizations will be considered. Please ensure you have your supervisor’s approval prior to applying.
Please include the title of the job you are applying for in your email subject line. Also include your name in the file name of your resume and any other files you submit.