Salary: Industry Standard
Position Type: Full time project, with possibility for a salaried position
Closing Date: 4:30pm, Friday April 21, 2017
Canon City Construction is very excited about the upcoming 2017 construction season. We are fortunate to have secured good work on our own First Nations developments, as well as for external clients. In the fields of residential & commercial builds as well as Landscaping & Equipment work. We recognize that in order to compete on an equal footing in the local construction market, we need to utilize only the best possible human, equipment, materials and sub-contractors resources available to us locally. And driving these resources we need dedicated, goal orientated site staff that will manage the key aspects of project Cost, Quality, Schedule and Safety to highest possible standards.
Position #1 - Building & Construction Site Superintendent
Position #2 – Earthworks & Equipment, Landscaping Superintendent
If you are:
Energetic, pragmatic, and have the know-how to get results even when the chips are down. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you take full and detailed ownership of the project and its issues, you are not one that looks to blame others, rather you look for solutions. Through your excellent communication skills you are able to effectively plan and execute construction activities. Sub-contractors and suppliers respect your experience, trust your judgment, and admire your tenacity in creating real estate that works. You understand that issues are to be seized upon and fixed without delay. You are willing an interested to take part in an incentive-based site-manager Quality Control (QC) programme. You respect and understand customer satisfaction. Physically fit and able to lift up to 75pounds & operate equipment as may be required.
If you have:
• Red Seal Carpenter or Heavy Equipment ticket or 3 year college diploma in a construction related discipline
• 5+ years of proven commercial or high-end residential construction experience in either of above 2 fields
• In-depth knowledge of the construction industry, construction specifications, building materials, methods and procedures including detailed understanding of Yukon & Northern cold climate requirements
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to lead and assess sub-trade performance on the job
• Ability to apply basic engineering principles to construction challenges
• Ability to visualize the entire project and anticipate constructability issues and embed solutions in the construction plans and schedules. Review all project plans, specifications, applicable documentation and report any omissions or discrepancies directly to the Project or General Manager
• Ability to schedule, monitor and forecast human, material & equipment resources for optimum efficiency
• Proven in-depth experience, keen interest and willingness to manage all aspects of an integrated crew comprising of First Nations and non-First Nations workers
• Clean driver’s abstract and willingness to undertake pre-employment Drug & Alcohol screening
• Training & Certifications in the fields of Safety, Equipment, First Aid and task specific courses
If you can:
• Supervise and coordinate all construction activities including manpower, materials and equipment on single or multiple jobsites running at the same time. Ensure momentum on the project is created and sustained
• Create, maintain and execute the project plan, including critical path, and schedule and ensure compliance with budget and the Canyon City Quality Control (QC) programme
• Ensure the implementation of Canyon City’s Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite; adhere to and integrates all safety related planning, procedural and record keeping requirements
• Take full responsibility to ensure that all Municipal Inspections, Professional Inspections, Occupancy Permits and possession dates have been met
• Ensure project materials and workmanship meet the project quality standards and design requirements
• Maintain the project’s Daily Job Diary, and all other required documents
• Obtain necessary information from engineers, designers, inspectors, municipal/provincial authorities and owners
• Lead and direct all field personnel on the project. As the Superintendent you.
• Maintain constant communications with General Manager, Consultants, Inspectors and all applicable officials related to the ongoing construction of the project.
• Respond to emergencies on the site in the off hours
Then contact Canyon City Construction!
• The above job description provides only basic information, final job requirements will be provided during the interview process and may be tailored or adjusted on an individual basis.
• The intention is for the position(s) to be full time, project based on a probationary basis, and potentially transforming into a salaried position for the right candidate based on satisfactory performance.
• For more information, please forward a detailed and current resume to Canyon City Construction's Whitehorse office.
• Please include current and contactable references
By fax: (867) 633 6589
In person or regular mail: 121-A Platinum Road, Whitehorse, Y1A 5M3
Canyon City Job Ad
PLEASE DISREGARD THE 'SUBMIT A RESUME' LINK BELOW
Please include the title of the job you are applying for in your email subject line. Also include your name in the file name of your resume and any other files you submit.