Healing Together with Land and Culture: Gathering of Wisdom Conference 2014
March 25, 26, 27, 2014 at the Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre, Whitehorse, Yukon
Kwanlin Dün First Nation is hosting the Yukon and other First Nations interested in sharing what we have all learned about healing with land and culture. The beautiful Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre is the venue and warm hospitality the spirit that will support the participants in sharing our collective wisdom. Together we can further develop community and cultural options for connecting with the land to heal and grow. We want to bring people together: the Elders to talk about traditional laws and ways to build strong community; the youth to talk about connection to land and culture including rites of passage; and the helpers and community members to dream and plan together.
View the Draft Agenda
• Guest speakers to inform and inspire – confirmed speakers so far include David Rattray from B.C., Andy Nieman and Phil Gatensby
• Youth and Elder specific breakout sessions and involvement
• A Cultural Feast on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 with cultural performers hosted by the KDFN
• Working sessions on program planning, program development, policy development
• Day 1 – Sharing what we know on connecting to land, culture and community to heal
• Day 2 – Working sessions on braiding relationships, cultural and clinical approaches to programs
• Day 3 – Building programs through working together into the future
• Light breakfast, coffee, snacks, lunch and feast included in registeration
• Sacred fire
General Conference Registration Fee:
• Access to all sessions & workshops
• All Conference material and delegate bags
• Access to the Cultural Feast & Gala on March 26,2014
• All meals and snacks – light breakfast and lunches
KDFN Staff and Community Members:
KDFN staff and community members are invited to attend and specific invitations will be issued to Elders and youth representatives. KDFN staff and interested KDFN community members can apply for funding support to cover registration fees. Please indicate on registration form online.
Other Yukon First Nations:
KDFN Justice will sponsor the attendance of 2 representatives (1 Elder and 1 other) from each Yukon First Nation. The subsidy will pay for the $400 registration fee in addition to an amount to offset travel and hotel costs. Please indicate on the registration form online if you will be a representative from your community. Any additional registration will need to pay.
Cultural Feast & Gala Tickets:
With a conference registration you are eligible to buy extra tickets for co-workers or spouses- you must buy them in advance to avoid disappointment. $40.00 per person
A Room Block is beling held at the Westmark Hotel, Group code JALA032414
Reservations must be made by Feb 14, 2014
1-800-544-0970 or online at www.westmarkhotels.com
Air North Flights
Book with Air North- Yukon’s Airline
Air North is offering a 10% discount off the best Go Yukon, Saver or Optimum fare available at the time of booking (taxes, fees and surcharges are extra). All fares are subject to change. Seat sale fares do not apply. Change/Cancellation fees subject to the fare purchased.
Conference Code: Visit www.flyairnorth.com and make sure that GOWC14 is entered as the Promo Code when you are making your booking.
For reservations by phone or flight inquiries please call: 1.800.661.0407 (North America) or 1.867.668.2228 ext 1
Conference Registration Deadline:
March 17, 2014
To Register, click the link to the Information and Registration Website
Click the link for a Printable Registration Form.