Kwanlin Dün First Nation’s Department of Education and Social Development is seeking a qualified Adult Educator & Facilitator to complement our staffing team. Under the direction of the Manager of Adult Education and Employment, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, delivering and facilitating culturally appropriate, targeted education programs and services to Kwanlin Dün First Nation citizens and others.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, solid communication skills (oral and written) and will work collaboratively with the case management team, KDFN Departments and other agencies to provide coordinated services to achieve program and citizen success.
- Bachelor of Education or equivalent, preferably in the area of Adult Education or equivalent, combined with a minimum of 2 years recent work experience in adult education;
- Successful instructional experience teaching adult basic education and employ-ability skills;
- Experience with curriculum/program planning, development, delivery and evaluation;
- Experience monitoring and reporting on educational programming and activities; solid writing skills are required;
- Experience facilitating meetings, training and workshops;
- Experience in negotiations, conflict resolution, communications and life skills is an asset;
- Experience working within a case management model is an asset;
- Experience working with First Nations and/or in a community development context.
Knowledge of Aboriginal Peoples history with residential school, education systems and familiarity with the Kwanlin Dün First Nations history, culture, goals and aspirations is required for success in this position.
Conditions of Employment: satisfactory criminal records check; valid Class 5 Yukon drivers’ license (with willingness to obtain a Class 4) and access to a personal vehicle; Standard First Aid & CPR is an asset.
Job Requirements: regular travel within the City of Whitehorse, and occasional out of town travel.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, via fax (633-8414), or via email to email@example.com Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this automatic response within two (2) business days, please contact the Human Resources Unit.
Temporary assignments may be considered, please ensure you have approval prior to applying. Please note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org