The Kwanlin Dün First Nation is seeking KDFN Elders who wish to be considered as the Elder Representative on the selection committee for recruitment processes within the Department of Human Resources. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the KDFN Elder will work within our hiring protocols and assist in decision making on applications for job opportunities.
Commitment to the competitive process varies with each competition. An average of 7-10 hours per competition over a 3 – 4 week time frame is expected. If capacity allows, there could be more than one competitions on the go at any given time.
Job requirements & conditions of employment:
- KDFN Elder status; be able to provide a KDFN perspective on matters pertaining to the hiring process (i.e. surrounding culture and ‘fit’ in the community);
- Good people skills;
- Strong communication skills; including: reading, writing, listening and speaking;
- Good time-management skills,
- Ability to be organized with good recall of information throughout the hiring process;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
Considerations for this opportunity include:
- Knowledge of KDFN history, culture, families and goals;
- Elders must be free of conflict with the position being hired for, and the candidates being considered, to ensure the integrity of the hiring process.
A letter should be provided stating why you are interested in the position; this can be submitted to HR via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in person to 35 McIntyre Dr.
OR, call the Human Resources Manager at 633-7800 Ext 141 and an in-person meeting can be set to share the duties and responsibilities of the position and how you see yourself being part of this important process.
We thank all those who express interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com