Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a Director of Finance. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance is accountable for planning, developing, managing, advising and controlling the financial resources for the Nation.
The successful candidate will be a natural communicator and strategic thinker, have proven analytic thinking, and problem -solving skills. If you are a detail -oriented individual who thrives in a team environment and capable of establishing strong and lasting relationships with the finance team, community, Council, business partners and other governments we want to hear from you.
This position is crucial to the overall success of the Nation through effectively managing all financial tasks, the process of budget preparation and forecasting, providing financial expertise to Council, the Executive Director, Departmental Directors, and staff on processes, budget, variances and strategic financial and human resource planning.
Required Qualifications (what we look for on your resume)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) in good standing, combined with a minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in the field;
- Sound knowledge of and considerable experience in adherence to accounting principles and practices specific to budget; financial forecasting, tracking, reporting and controls are required;
- Considerable experience providing strategic leadership and financial/budgetary advice at the senior management level (including interpretation, adherence to action, regulation and policy);
- Consider experience supervising staff (including performance management);
- Experience managing and monitoring funding agreements; and
- Solid oral and written communication skills including experience providing financial reporting, writing reports and briefings.
Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün culture, history, agreements, goals and aspirations are required for success in this position. https://www.kwanlindun.com/about-the-kwanlin-dun/
Note: An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and significant completed coursework toward ones CPA and significant job-related experience within a First Nation will equally be considered.
Conditions of employment: an acceptable pre-employment criminal records check, valid Class 5 Driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract is an asset.
*KDFN has a generous employer-paid benefits plan and matching pension package that commences after 3 months of continued employment plus generous paid leave accruals.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800.
For a full job description, please click here: https://www.kwanlindun.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Director-Finance-March-2022.pdf
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com