The Kwanlin Dün First Nation is seeking a Project Opportunities Coordinator to join their Education & Social Development Team. Reporting to the Manager, Projects, the incumbent is responsible for administering agreements and coordinating and developing programs, training and workforce opportunities relating to projects within the traditional territory of KDFN, including Community Development Agreements (CDA) and associated Transfer Payment Agreements (TPA). The incumbent will establish and maintain effective working relationships related to project stakeholders and coordinate, develop and plan KDFN employment and training activities supporting KDFN Citizens and businesses to access opportunities related to the projects. The incumbent will have a background working with individuals facing barriers to employment and supporting educational, employment and/or social development programs.
We are seeking candidates who have excellent organizational and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to work independently and take initiative on priorities. Must have good computer skills and strong administrative and financial management skills.
- Post-Secondary Education in Adult Education, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Project Management, Organizational Development or similar experience combined with experience working with First Nations, preferably in a government setting;
- Extensive experience establishing and maintaining intergovernmental, interdepartmental and stakeholder working relationships and social supports;
- Extensive experience with administrative and financial management including budgeting, monitoring, implementing funding agreements including reporting and record keeping;
- Experience with planning, developing, coordinating and supporting social projects, programs and events;
- Experience working with individuals with barriers to employment;
- Experience working in partnership with other departments, agencies and non-profit organizations to support individuals in self-determination and accessing supports;
- Experience working within case management models and developing innovative case plans;
- Experience supporting labour market programs is an asset;
- Experience in negotiations, conflict resolutions, or communications is an asset;
- Experience leading meetings and facilitating group processes is an asset;
- Experience working with Yukon First Nations and/or in a community development context
Knowledge of Yukon First Nation Peoples’ history with formalized education systems, residential school and inter-generational effects specific to education and social programming and familiarity with Kwanlin Dün First Nation history, culture, demographics, goals and aspirations is required for success in this position.
Note: An equivalent combination of education, training and considerable experience in the above areas will also be considered.
Conditions of Employment: A satisfactory Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Search; Valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license (class 4 an asset).
Job Requirements: Sporadic evening or weekend work is required to attend meetings and deliver programming outside of regular hours.
*KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits and matching pension package that commences after 3 months of continued employment plus paid leave accruals. Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 7 hours per day (1820 hours per year).
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to 35 McIntyre Drive. Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800.
For a full job description, please click here: https://www.kwanlindun.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Project-Opportunities-Coordinator-Mar2023.pdf
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future.
Note: Temporary Assignments from other governments and organizations are open for discussion & consideration. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com