Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking a Manager, Lands and Resources. Reporting to the Director, Heritage, Lands & Resources, the Manager of Lands and Resources supervises and coordinates all departmental activities related to land disposition and land use activities on KDFN Settlement Land.
This position is responsible for the development, implementation, management and administration of the department’s policies, programs and initiatives to ensure KDFN effectively fulfills its lands administration mandate under the Final Agreement, Self-Government Agreement and other related agreements and statutes.
The Manager of Lands and Resources works closely with staff members of this department, other KDFN departments, and other governments and agencies, and is responsible for ensuring that KDFN’s lands management and administration obligations are met.
Required Qualifications (what we look for on your resume)
- Degree in Land Management, Environmental Studies, Urban Planning, Natural Resources Management or equivalent combined with significant experience working in land administration, land use planning or environmental assessment.
- Working knowledge and experience in land use, resource management and planning;
- Experience interpreting and administering complex legislation and regulations, preferably related to land and resources management;
- Supervisory experience;
- Experience interpreting and providing advice on land issues, with the ability to handle politically sensitive matters and to analyze, identify and recommend action options for senior management;
- Successful experience managing multiple projects, writing proposals, briefing notes and reports;
- Experience working in a First Nation government setting is an asset
Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün culture, history, agreements, goals and aspirations are required for success in this position. https://www.kwanlindun.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Manager-of-Lands-Resources-JD-revised-Oct-2023.pdf
Note: An equivalent combination of post-secondary coursework combined with training and considerable experience will equally be considered.
Conditions of employment: an acceptable pre-employment criminal records check. A valid Class 5 Driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract are assets.
*KDFN has a generous employer-paid benefits plan and matching pension package that commences after 3 months of continued employment plus generous paid leave accruals.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email at email@example.com
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800.
For a full job description, please click here: https://www.kwanlindun.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Manager-of-Lands-Resources-JD-revised-Oct-2023-1.pdf
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org