Department: Executive Council Office
Term: Full Time Term – 2 years
Kwanlin Dün First Nation, Executive Council Office is seeking a Negotiator to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Governance, this position is responsible for leading and participating in interdepartmental teams involved in a variety of negotiations associated with the conclusion of the remaining Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) Final and Self-Government Agreements and with negotiations that arise from and are required by provisions found in the agreements.
The successful candidate will have excellent negotiation skills and extensive experience putting political direction into action. The ability to deal effectively with internal partners, representatives of other governments, and other senior officials will be essential. The position requires high levels of confidentiality and trust, as well as strong skills related to conflict management, oral and written communication, project management, strategic analysis, research, policy development, organization, and presentation.
This is not a training or developmental opportunity.
- Degree or Diploma in First Nations Studies, Aboriginal Law, Political Science, or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience working with or for Band Councils, First Nation Governments, or other Governments.
- Extensive experience leading or participating in complex multi-party negotiations.
- Experience applying public policy theory, research tools, and analytical methodologies.
- Significant experience leading and developing governance positions.
- Experience developing and analyzing agreements, policies, briefing materials, discussion or option papers, and other policy documents.
- Experience providing analysis and recommendations on complex agreements and initiatives involving multiple partners (preferably in a government setting).
- Understanding of KDFN culture, governance and social structure, language and traditions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation Final and Self Government Agreements.
- Experience working in Canada’s North for Government of Canada or Territorial Governments is an asset.
- Working knowledge and experience interpreting Yukon Final & Self-government agreements is an asset.
An equivalent combination of acceptable education and coursework and considerable experience in the areas identified above will be considered.
Conditions of Employment: an acceptable pre-employment criminal records check; valid Class 5 Driver’s license and personal transportation; travel in and out of Yukon is required; attendance at General Assemblies and other community events, meetings, and gatherings within the scope of the position is required; Proof of 2 COVID-19 Vaccinations.
Salary: $82,464 to $123,011 per annum (based on 35 hrs./week) (Level 8) *plus benefits
Closing Date: Monday October 10, 2022 at 4:30pm
*KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits plan and matching pension package that commences after 3 months of continued employment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to email@example.com
For more information about this opportunity, please contact Dorothy Sam, Director of Governance at 867 633-7800 ext. 133 or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org For a full job description, please view our website JD Negotiator 2021
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response within two (2) business days stating your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the KDFN HR Unit at 633-7800.
We thank those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Temporary assignments of 24 months may be considered. Please ensure you have approval prior to applying.
The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com