Position: Administrative Assistant
Department: Education and Social Development
The Kwanlin Dün First Nation is seeking Auxiliary-on-Call (AOC) Administrative Assistants to join the Education and Social Development team. Reporting to the Manager of Pathways and Social Development, the position is responsible for providing reception services, administrative support to staff within the Education and Social Development Department, and the coordination of building maintenance for the programs and services within the Kenädän Kų̀ – House of Learning.
Primary duties include general reception work (greeting clients both on the phone and in-person, providing general program information, taking & relaying messages, etc.), assisting with various administrative duties (managing incoming/outgoing mail, coordinating signatures, photocopying, filing, compiling documents, providing logistical support for meetings, etc).
Candidates should have strong organizational skills, good communication & customer service skills and have a good working knowledge of computers and general office equipment. Must be able to contribute as a positive member of a professional & fun team. Having good conflict resolution skills will also be essential in dealing with potentially stressful situations with upset/angry clientele.
- Completion of Grade 12 and completion of coursework in Business Administration or Office Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience providing reception and administrative support in a confidential environment;
- Solid computer experience with proficiency in, and experience with, Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word and Excel), databases and experience with various search engines;
- Experience providing positive first point of contact service;
- Experience with organizing and maintaining filing systems;
- Experience providing professional telephone and email etiquette;
- Experience coordinating meeting logistics for staff including preparing agendas and meeting minutes;
Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün First Nation heritage and culture, social structure, language and traditions is required for success in this role.
Note: selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume
Conditions of Employment: Completion of an acceptable criminal records check with vulnerable sector search; Valid Yukon class 5 driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle an asset (class 4 an added asset); Standard First Aid & CPR-C an asset; Proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations is required.
Salary: $29.42 – $40.10 per hour – Level 4 (maximum 35hrs per week, but with the nature of AOC,
no guarantee of hours is given)
Closing Date: Monday, October 3rd by 4:30 pm
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to email@example.com
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800.
Job description: Admin Assistant JD_House of Learning_May2021
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org