Position: Network Administrator
Department: Executive Council Office
Term: Permanent, Full Time
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) Information and Community Technology unit is expanding. We are seeking a Network Administrator to support the growing government and new capital infrastructure development occurring in our community. Reporting to the Manager of Information Management and Technology (ICT), the incumbent will be responsible for the planning, management, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and administration of KDFN computer and system networks, end-user hardware devices, servers and applicable software. The network administrator supports the reliability, optimization and security of the KDFN networks and data at all times.
This position works as part of a dedicated team assisting with the upkeep of existing ICT systems and implementation of new systems for KDFN. The successful candidate will be a key resource to help KDFN maintain an effective computing environment that anticipates and prepares for emerging information management needs and opportunities. Staying abreast of industry-standards will be required for success in this role.
- College diploma with an emphasis on technological development such as technology, computer science, information technology and systems.
- MCP, MCSA, CCNA, Network+ certification or equivalent is required
- Knowledge of and solid working experience with current Windows operating systems Server 2016; Exchange 2016
- Must have solid working knowledge and considerable experience managing computer networks and devices as well as developing governance and documentation.
- Experience translating functional requirements into technical solutions.
- Project management experience; planning, executing, adjusting, evaluating various IT projects.
- Experience with computer hardware, software troubleshooting and technical support.
- Experience providing solutions-based recommendations on technical and business requirements.
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting and supporting technologies such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones, VOIP & fiber networks.
Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün First Nation history, culture and tradition, goals and aspirations are required for success and may be further assessed.
Note: An equivalent combination of post-secondary coursework, industry training & workshops, and significant experience in those areas identified above will equally be considered. Selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information provided in your resume and cover letter.
Conditions of Employment: Satisfactory Criminal Record Check; Valid Yukon Driver’s License is desirable; proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations required.
Job Requirements: Lifting of up to 50 lbs. independently Occasional overtime including evening and weekends
Salary: $68,286.40 to $100,602.68 per annum ($37.52 -$55.28 per hour based 7hr. day) Level 6 *plus benefits
Closing Date: Monday, December 5th @ 4:30pm
*KDFN has a generous employer paid benefits plan and matching pension package that commences after 3 months of continued employment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources via email to email@example.com
Note: For those submitting applications via email, you will receive a manual response stating that your email has been received. If you do not receive this manual response, please contact the Human Resources Unit at 633-7800. For a copy of the job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note: The KDFN Hiring Preference Policy is in effect. KDFN reserves the right to underfill this position.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition to hire identical or similar positions in the future. Temporary Assignments from other governments and organizations are open for discussion & consideration. Please ensure you have supervisor approval before applying.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com