KDFN April Relief Measures: COVID-19
These relief measures include:
$600 per citizen (ages 19+) in the form of either a cheque or direct deposit.
- This applies to both adults and Elders
- Will be sent by mid-April
- All Elders’ cheques and direct deposits were sent mid-April
$915 per citizen (ages 0-18) in the form of four cheques or direct deposits to the child’s parent or guardian.
- Cheques or direct deposits are sent every two weeks beginning mid-April
- Four cheques or direct deposits ($228.75 each) to help with the cost of groceries
- The above amount works out to a two-month, $15/day food allowance for each KDFN child aged 0-18 years
One-time reimbursement of up to $450 for an April 2020 rent or mortgage payment.
- Applies to citizens with rental or mortgage agreements in their name
- Receipt must be for an April 2020 rent or mortgage payment and submitted before May 31, 2020
- Please mail or email a copy of your receipt. Mailing address is at the bottom of this page
No rent will be collected by KDFN Housing in April 2020.
Residents of KDFN Housing will pay $0 rent in April 2020.
The deadline for all COVID-19 Relief applications, other than April rent/mortgage relief (May 31), is June 30, 2020.
If Kwanlin Dün First Nation already has your direct deposit information, payments will be automatically deposited into your bank account. Otherwise, cheques are being mailed out as quickly as possible.
If you have questions, or wish to update your contact information, contact:
Email address: email@example.com
Kwanlin Dün First Nation COVID-19 Relief
35 McIntyre Drive