Affordable Housing Program
Our goal is to help citizens secure safe, affordable and sustainable housing – now and for future generations.
The mandate of the Affordable Housing Program is to provide better living conditions for the citizens of Kwanlin Dün, while operating under clear business principles, remaining fiscally responsible and accountable to its citizenship.
- Addresses and acts upon all housing issues and related requests
- Ensures that housing issues are effectively managed
- Provides recommendations and changes to the Housing Rental Policy
- Reviews rents to ensure payments are made
- Conducts annual inspections of rental units for maintenance, repairs and renovations
- Maintains a comprehensive database on all community rental units
- Enforces all tenant agreements and explains agreement responsibilities