Kwanlin Dün is holding a land lottery for five residential lot leases in Porter Creek, open to Kwanlin Dün Beneficiaries and Citizens only.
The five Porter Creek lots are located on Pine Street, Grove Street and Walnut Street.
- Lot No- 1469 (1009 Pine St.) $47,065.00*;
- Lot No- 1348 (93 Walnut Cres.) $42,325.00*;
- Lot No- 1464 (540 Grove St.) $50,525.00*;
- Lot No- 1433 (543 Grove St.)$52,835.00*; and
- Lot No- 1454 (520 Grove St.) $57,250.00*.
* Plus GST
All Beneficiaries and Citizens over the age of 19 will be eligible to enter.
- Complete a Kwanlin Dün Citizen Statutory Declaration form (available online or at the lands office);
- contact bank, mortgage broker for information on the pre-approval process to get a mortgage from a financial institution;
- complete an application form; and
- submit the form and $500 deposit to KDFN (deposits will be returned to unsuccessful applicants)
- Support applicants with submission of application and enter their name(s) into the lottery;
- hold lottery on the scheduled date and time;
- announce first name drawn and applicant’s lot choice;
- draw next name and applicant’s lot choice (if their first choice isn’t available, they’ll get their second choice);
- draw names until all lots are assigned.
- contact successful applicants to process applications and collect remaining lot payment; and return unsuccessful applicants’ deposits.
- Arrange financing and pay remaining lot fees within 30 days of signing letter of offer;
- sign lease and development agreement; and
- fulfill residential lot building requirements within the required time period.
All applicants are required to complete a Kwanlin Dün Citizen Statutory Declaration form. Forms can be picked up at the Kwanlin Dün’s Lands Office or downloaded below:
Porter Creek Land Lottery applications will be accepted at the Lands Office until Friday, October 29, 2021, 4 p.m.
Applications will not be accepted after the closing time. Any applications received or submitted after the closing time will be considered invalid, and deposits will be returned to the applicant.
Applications will not be accepted by fax or email. Mail-in applications with all documentation and the required deposit, will be accepted but must be received in the office prior to the closing date and time.
All applications will be date and time stamped upon receipt.
Land Lottery Office
Kwanlin Dün has opened a temporary land lottery office to answer questions and help Beneficiary and Citizens complete their applications.
Current Address (until Sept. 30):
301 Hawkins Street
Kwanlin Dün Administration Offices
35 McIntyre Drive
Application Closing Date and Time
Land lottery applications will be accepted at the Lands Office until Friday, October 29, 2021, 4 p.m.
Land Lottery Draw
The land lottery will take place on Monday, November 1, 2021, 2 p.m.
Land Lottery Results
Land lottery results will be posted Tuesday, November 2, 2021, on www.kwanlindun.com.
Questions? Contact the Heritage, Lands and Resources Department at (867) 334-2624, or Lands@kdfn.net.