We know this is a stressful time, and KDFN’s Natsékhi Kų̀ Health Centre is here to help. But please know that the heath centre and many government departments are short staffed right now as some employees are isolating or home caring for a sick loved one.
So, if you have COVID-19 symptoms or if you’ve had close contact with someone who has tested positive:
1. Stay calm and stay home.
2. Please DO NOT go to the health centre in person, unless you’ve already spoken with a nurse and they’ve asked you to come. There may be a wait line in the cold and you may not need to be tested yet depending on your circumstances.
3. Call KDFN’s COVID-19 Information Line at 867-335-5051, and leave a message. A nurse will call you back today or tomorrow to help you determine your next steps.
As always, if it’s an emergency, call 911.
And, if you have health questions after hours, call Yukon’s Health Line at 811.
Shä̀w níthän for your patience, and please always remember to reach out if you need mental wellness support. Here are some numbers you can call:
• Yukon Mental Wellness Services: 867-456-3838
• The Canadian Mental Health Association, Yukon Division: 867-668-6429
• National Indian Residential School Crisis Line: 1-866-925-4419
• Hope for Wellness National Crisis Line: 1-855-242-3310