Position: Fire Smart Labourers & Chain Saw Operators
Department: Community Services
Term: Auxiliary On Call (AOC)
Start Date: ASAP
Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) hiring preference policy is in effect.
Consideration will be given first to those individuals who are KDFN citizens and community members.
Failure to identify this on your resume may prevent you from being considered further.
Reporting to the Crew Supervisor,
The Fire-Smart Labourers work as contributing members of the Fire-Smart Crew. The Labourer does not operate a chain-saw. The main duties are to remove, pile and burn brush that has been cut by the saw operators and crew supervisors in accordance with safety procedures. You will perform other duties as required. These are very physical jobs, taking place out doors that require you to dress appropriately.
Fire-Smart Chainsaw Operators ensure the safe cutting, falling and de-branching of trees and bushes. You will work cooperatively with Fire-Smart labourers to oversee the safe piling and burning of brush and debris. Saw Operators work in accordance with safety procedures and perform other duties as required. The ability to work successfully in a team environment is crucial
You must be able to work well with your team members and follow directions. Strict adherence to safety is required, including abiding by new COVID-19 Safety Protocols. The ability to work successfully in a team environment is crucial. We will be seeking references from applicants who can attest to your punctuality, dependability and reliability. Physical and mental wellness including living a healthy lifestyle (alcohol and drug free) is required.
- Successful experience working safely in a team environment, with an ability to work well with others and follows direction.
- Experience working in remote rural and urban settings, in different weather conditions (sun, wind, rain & Snow)
- Experience meeting deadlines and getting jobs completed in the time frame scheduled
- Valid First Aid certificate is required – please provide a copy with your resume
- Past experience working as a labourer (or similar) is an asset
Chain Saw Operator:
- Proof of completed chainsaw safety training
- Past successful experience running a chainsaw for extended periods of time
- You must have your own chain saw in good operating condition (compensation for use is provided)
- Abide by safety legislation, wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and adhere to KDFN safety policies & procedures at all times
- Class 5 Drivers license and acceptable driver abstract is an asset
- Physically fit, able to lift up to 50 lbs. independently and willing to work in a variety of weather conditions (sun, wind, rain & snow)
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination as determined by KDFN.
Salary: $22.51/hr. for Labourer; $25/hr. for Chainsaw
Closing Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022 by 4:30pm
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email to resum Statement of Duties Chainsaw Operator – Sep2020Statement of Duties Labourer -June email@example.com For more information, please visit our website at https://www.kwanlindun.com/employment.
Note: for those submitting applications via email, you will receive a confirmation email response within 2 business days of receipt of your resume. If you do not receive a response after 2 days, please contact the HR Unit at 633-7800.
We thank all those who apply; only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition