City of Whitehorse Household Hazardous Waste Days starts tomorrow.
KDFN Community Services will pick up hazardous materials if they are placed curbside next to garbage bins by 8:30 a.m. on April 28.
What is household hazardous waste?
- Aerosols and empty aerosol containers
- Antifreeze and brake fluid
- Cleaning chemicals
- Fluorescent light bulbs, fluorescent light ballasts manufactured before 1980
- Gasoline, propane, solvents and waste oil
- Herbicides and pesticides
- Alkaline and rechargeable batteries, vehicle batteries
- Stains and oil paint products
- Other products labeled as corrosive, toxic, reactive, explosive, oxidizing, poisonous, infectious or flammable
Questions? Phone Community Services at 867-633-7833.