Kwanlin Dün Fish and Wildlife Advisory Working Group
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
KDFN is looking for interested Beneficiaries to sit on the new Fish and Wildlife Advisory Working Group.
This Working Group will advise KDFN’s Department of Heritage, Lands and Resources as well as Council on all fish and wildlife related matters within KDFN Traditional Territory, including:
- Beneficiary harvest monitoring programs
- Group trapline operations
- Land, habitat, or fish and wildlife planning activities.
- Input on wildlife or fisheries legislative or regulatory reviews
- Development of KDFN wildlife or fisheries related policies
- Other activities, as directed by the Department of Heritage, Lands and Resources
Working Group members must:
- Be a registered KDFN Beneficiary with rights to hunt and fish in KDFN Traditional Territory;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Live in KDFN Traditional Territory;
- Be an active trapper, hunter, fisher, gatherer, or have knowledge of trapping, hunting, fishing, or gathering or other on-the-land traditional pursuits; and
- Not be an employee of KDFN’s Department of Heritage, Lands and Resources or upper management (i.e., Chief and Council, Directors, or ECO).
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM or pick one up from the front desk of the Kashgêk’ building.
If you have questions or need help with your application, make an appointment with:
Brandy Mayes, Manager of Operations and Fish & Wildlife
Heritage Lands and Resources
Phone: 867-336-3316, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org