Hunting season has started. If you plan to hike, bike, or camp on or near First Nation Settlement Land, please:
– wear high visibility clothing;
– avoid the area before 10 a.m. and after 5 p.m. when hunters are most active;
– keep dogs on leash and clean up pet waste;
– stay on the trails to minimize your footprint;
– bring bear spray and know how to use it;
– do not leave any garbage;
– let someone know where you are going and when you’ll be back;
– do not leave fires unattended and put out fires completely when you leave.
We also ask the public to refrain from camping on R-4A (the Fish Lake and Bonneville Lakes area) from August 1 to October 31. A map of settlement lands is available here for your reference.
For more info, contact Brandy Mayes, Operations Manager of Heritage Lands and Resources at: (867) 336-3316 or firstname.lastname@example.org