EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Kwanlin Dün First Nation Citizenship Committee Members
The Kwanlin Dün First Nation (KDFN) is seeking three KDFN citizens to sit on the KDFN Citizenship Committee.
In accordance with the Constitution of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation, Citizenship Committee members are appointed by the Council to serve for a three-year term.
Honoraria will be paid in accordance with KDFN policy.
Meeting schedule is set by the Citizenship Committee, and is usually every month or second month.
New members are required to attend a 2-hour orientation.
Qualifications for Appointment:
Council may appoint an applicant to the Citizenship Committee who:
• is a Citizen of KDFN.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Citizenship Committee exercises authority assigned to it in the Constitution of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the KDFN Final Agreement including:
• Making decisions on applications for citizenship or enrollment as a beneficiary;
• Determining the Citizenship status of a person who renounces or loses their Citizenship;
• Providing written reasons to applicants when their applications are not approved;
• Providing written reasons to former Citizens if the Committee has determined a person has lost their KDFN citizenship; and
• Reviewing and contributing to developing committee terms of reference, rules of procedure,
legislation, etc., as required.
Instructions for Expression of Interest:
Expression of Interest should include:
1. A completed Application Form: Kwanlin Dün First Nation Boards and Committees (available from Executive Council Office).
2. (Optional): resumé
Deadline for Applications:
May 30, 2022
Please submit your application or Expression of Interest to the Executive Council Office:
Executive Council Office
Kwanlin Dün First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive
Copies of the laws and Constitution of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation are available on the KDFN website at www.kwanlindun.com.